The Israel Ministry of Tourism's target is to promote travel to Israel.
To achieve our goal, we work closely with the Dutch travel industry, Media and Faith Based organizations.
We are looking to hire a temporary PR manager for our (Amstredam) office – in charge of promoting travel to Israel.
We attend both physical and virtual and In-person trade shows and offer opportunities for the travel industry to learn about and specialize in making Israel a premier destination and product for their clients.
Day to day work will be initiating, cultivating and maintain relationships with media outlets, TV stations, radio stations, podcasts, journalists, bloggers, speakers, decision makers and more.
The professional filling this position will be expected to plan, initiate, and lead PR activities resulting in the publication of Israel as a desired travel destination.
· Content creating and editing for press releases, minimum 4 per month, in accordance to IGTO director instructions
· Preparing 1-2 monthly newsletter to industry and media
Hosting – contacting and collaborating with journalists and KOLs to be sent to Israel, follow up on guests and host products
· Preparing of monthly report
· Initiating of positive articles and interviews about Israel
Developing and maintaining relationships with general and travel focused offline and online media outlets resulting in written or video articles about travel to Israel
Work with our HQ in Israel on professional and administrative documents – work orders, recommendation letters and others related to the project you are leading
• Bachelor's degree in business / marketing / PR and communications / travel and hospitality
• Work experience of a least 2 years in PR (preferably in travel but not a must)
• Understanding of the travel industry including aviation and cruising
• Fluent English and Dutch
Candidate must have good organization skills, sense of responsibility, resilience, willing to perform tasks that are out of his/hers scope of work out of the desire to learn and be a part of a team, communication and negotiation skills, high stress tolerance.
Over de werkgever
The Ministry of Tourism is an economic ministry, whose primary aim is to increase economic activity. The ministry is responsible for the planning, development and marketing policies in the tourism industry. The ministry has defined its goals to increase internal tourism and to focus on overseas marketing in target countries and sectors that could drive incoming tourism.