Do you want to experience what it is like to work in an airline engineering environment? We are looking for you!
The Internship at TUI fly Engineering takes place in a dynamic engineering department that is responsible for the control of the Aircraft Maintenance Programs and the review and implementation of Airworthiness Directives and Service Bulletins. The department also manages the configuration of the aircraft in its fleet and performs aircraft health monitoring and the aircraft reliability analysis.
Furthermore the department provides support and guidance to the maintenance organization with troubleshooting advice and issues and plans work orders to keep the aircraft in excellent condition.
The Engineers that work in this environment have a bachelor or university degree and have a wide knowledge on aircraft specific subjects.
TUI fly NL runs a warranty program to analyze component replacements and claim warranty for defects that arise during the operation of the aircraft. By doing this you are analyzing work orders with defects and also learn about delays and disruptions. You are an important link in our organization to step up and claim warranty but also inform the organization of repetitive defects and reliability issues in order to take corrective and preventive measures.
Data is collected from the operation such as the reported defects in the Aircraft Technical Log system and component replacements. TUI fly NL incorporates SB’s to enhance reliability when cost effective. Service Bulletins and defects may be covered by warranty depending on the type and age of the aircraft/component.
How you will make an impact:
- Review Aircraft Technical Log, Defect Reports and Work Orders for component replacements for warranty claims and reliability analysis;
- Manage warranty claims process and report on a monthly basis;
- Analyze delays and defects, making use of aircraft maintenance manuals, system descriptions and reliability information provided by the OEM. Understanding system behavior and failure modes;
- Analyze delay and reliability reports and advise engineers if reports are incomplete or inconsistent with data gathered from the warranty and reliability process;
- Interact with system engineers, logistics, planning and our maintenance organization to seek reliability improvements and to confirm warranty claim data;
- Work on a separate subjects related to the work above or other issues that arise.
What you will bring:
You are willing to go for the extra (s)mile. You are pro-active, analytically strong and independent. You are highly motivated to work in a dynamic airline environment and have the communication and social skills that go with it. You are able to retrieve and analyze data accurately using all available documentation and are able to propose realistic and cost effective solutions.
Besides that you bring the next experience and knowledge with you;
- You are a HBO student, an aviation related study is a benefit;
- Can apply your aeronautical knowledge in a practical and pragmatic way, understanding the theory and be able to understand the airline maintenance environment;
- Fluency in Dutch and English in word and writing is mandatory.
You and TUI
Doing an internship at TUI brings many benefits, extras and fun:
- Learning and development (online / offline);
- A look behind the scenes of a dynamic corporate organization;
- After exercise, relaxation comes through numerous staff activities.
Please send us your application before the 18th of June 2021
Over de werkgever
TUI Nederland is marktleider in de Nederlandse reisbranche. Wij bieden vakanties aan via onze reismerken TUI en Kras. TUI is daarnaast ook de naamgever van onze eigen luchtvaartmaatschappij, TUI fly.
Met ruim 2.800 medewerkers in Nederland zijn wij de grootste reisorganisatie van Nederland. Wij maken onderdeel uit van een van de grootste reisconcerns ter wereld, TUI Group.
TUI is het scherp geprijsde allround vakantiemerk met een multichannel distributie via TUI.nl, de reisbureaus van TUI en het Contact Center. Kras is een direct-seller, gespecialiseerd in bus-, fiets- en vaarvakanties en verre groepsrondreizen. Extravacanza en Wedding Unlimited organiseren complete bruiloften in het buitenland en huwelijksreizen. Daarnaast heeft TUI Nederland haar eigen luchtvaartmaatschappij, TUI fly.
Onder TUI Nederland vallen niet alleen bovenstaande reismerken, maar ook de eigen winkels van TUI. Tot slot is Tec4Jets verantwoordelijk voor het onderhoud van de TUI fly-vloot.