Department: Markets & Portfolio
Fulltime / Parttime: Full time
At TUI, we never stop looking for new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We are developing and delivering new digital capabilities across our business that will transform our customers’ experience
TRIPS is TUI´s common technology eco-system. It will be built entirely around our customers and will provide more flexibility, increased convenience and a higher quality of service. In addition, as all our core Markets will migrate to the TRIPS platform by 2022, it will give TUI tremendous efficiencies, and increase our speed to market for future development. All markets will be able to align to one set of common systems and processes that will be significantly superior to the many different legacy systems and processes we have today – and that cover the whole holiday product life cycle from sourcing to selling. Reporting to the head of Delivery Assurance, this is a great opportunity to join a wide team of delivery focused, innovative people dedicated to providing customers with an inspiring, exciting and memorable experience covering TUI’s entire operation; online presence, mobile platforms, retail network, contact centres, aircraft and ships.
What you will be doing
- As a Release Manager, working in a fast moving Agile at Scale delivery environment, your leadership will be pivotal to the successful delivery of TRIPS Releases into Production. You will need to balance the individual needs of the TRIPS Program Release (includes complex projects, small changes, urgent production fixes etc.) and the respective business area’s needs, with the principle of protecting the Production environment.
- You will ensure the TRIPS Releases, that are managed independently, are aligned to the TRIPS milestones, ensuring that any changes maintain the Release integrity with regard to date / milestone adherence and deliverable quality. You will gather demand for the Release from various sources & Stakeholders and agree the main content of Release with Product Owners, Testers, Enablers and Service Teams. You will arrange, run and report on Release Readiness check point meetings against agreed readiness criteria, as well as facilitating Signoff at Go / No Go Meetings
- You will also work closely with the Business to ensure that the Technology Release plan aligns with the Business Go Live expectations and is feasible in its expectations. This includes managing the controlled move into any Validation Testing in Production and orderly handover to the Production HyperCare Teams
- Your Release planning will need to consider code, infrastructure, set-up and data deployment alignment across the 14 TRIPS Services and allow for dependencies and conflicts. While communicating and getting agreement across all Stakeholders with a clear Release framework and plan, room for dynamic flexibility & compromise in the plan will also be needed in order to meet overall TRIPS goals
- Reporting and communication will be key for this role, not only across IT Service Delivery and programme teams but also throughout the wider IT departments and beyond, as these Releases will be key to the overall TUI Group ambition.
What we are looking for
- A proven track record in project or programme delivery
- ITIL or similar IT Service Delivery processes
- Business and IT Service Change Management
- Capable and confident communicator, owning communication of the release (including status of the release, agreed scope, software versions etc.)
- Scheduling and Planning, highlighting dependencies understanding their relative importance
- Risk and Impact Analysis – Identify and work with targets, dependencies and constraints
- Ability to see the big picture, analyse complex delivery schedules and evaluate ways to meet expectations; including alignment to Business Change Management and the Release Pipeline
- Manage major issues / defects across Dry-run (Confidence Testing) and Go-live Weekends
- Deliver Release Assurance, including Release Readiness, Gate Reviews and Lessons Learned to ensure the Release Management process continues to evolve
- Work with multiple disperse groups and Third Parties to prioritise and resolve issues
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are engaged - coordinate with relevant parties for planning to ensure smooth delivery of projects (e.g. business for UAT, Infrastructure team for environments etc.)
- Able to take accountability and confident at driving actions through to resolution
- Able to work on own initiative and take a long term view and anticipating workloads
- Proactive attitude and approach
- Adhere to and help develop Release Policy, Process and Metrics, and help evolve the continual improvement of overall Release processes
- Proven experience of delivering release management in large and complex environments.
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC (including waterfall and agile)
- Knowledge of development scripts and automation tools used to build and deploy software
- Up-to-date with technology trends, including DevOps
- Ability to run a tight ship services organisation but also liaise seamlessly and flex where necessary to work the delivery organisation in order ensure smooth service introduction.
- Strong on process but able to make sensible adaptations where needed.
- Experience of ITIL based IT release methodology definition and adoption.
- Ability to gain, build and maintain stakeholder trust.
- Jira and/or Plutora experience (desirable)
- A successful candidate will have at least bachelor’s degree level education in Computing, Natural Science, Mathematics, other numerate subjects. A degree in business or finance would also be considered relevant.
TUI AND YOU
Working at TUI brings many advantages, extras and fun:
- Annual total reward plan relating to employment conditions
- Employee benefits on travel
- Life Long Learning (online/offline)
If you want to know more about why TUI Group is the world’s leading tourism group, and our continuing work in the diversity & inclusion space, simply visit careers.tuigroup.com.
Over de werkgever
TUI Nederland is marktleider in de Nederlandse reisbranche. Wij bieden vakanties aan via onze reismerken TUI en Kras. TUI is daarnaast ook de naamgever van onze eigen luchtvaartmaatschappij, TUI fly.
Met ruim 2.800 medewerkers in Nederland zijn wij de grootste reisorganisatie van Nederland. Wij maken onderdeel uit van een van de grootste reisconcerns ter wereld, TUI Group.
TUI is het scherp geprijsde allround vakantiemerk met een multichannel distributie via TUI.nl, de reisbureaus van TUI en het Contact Center. Kras is een direct-seller, gespecialiseerd in bus-, fiets- en vaarvakanties en verre groepsrondreizen. Extravacanza en Wedding Unlimited organiseren complete bruiloften in het buitenland en huwelijksreizen. Daarnaast heeft TUI Nederland haar eigen luchtvaartmaatschappij, TUI fly.
Onder TUI Nederland vallen niet alleen bovenstaande reismerken, maar ook de eigen winkels van TUI. Tot slot is Tec4Jets verantwoordelijk voor het onderhoud van de TUI fly-vloot.