Utilize superior customer service skills to build rapport, recommend and book cruises and options. Be a knowledgeable resource for travel agents and consumers. Provide quality customer service on all calls. Maintain department's telephone service and Quality Assurance goals.
1. Apply professional customer service techniques in assisting travel agents and consumers with the sale and booking of cruises and additional packages (i.e. hotel, transfers, insurance, flights, shore excursions, gifts etc.)
2. Be a motivated self-starter, with the ability to achieve personal goals and support departmental objectives.
3. Provide superior customer service; answer all questions and be a knowledgeable resource for travel agents and consumers.
4. Proactively assist travel agent or consumer with problems that might occur on a reservation and work across departments to provide seamless resolution.
5. Assist taking reservations overflow calls for other markets than primary market.
6. Taking any back-up role for supporting group agents (i.e. Air/Sea, Reservations Accounting, Groups, Key Accounts).
7. Any special projects as directed by the Manager or Deputy Director of International Reservations
(for example: small translation projects).
- Previous sales and customer service experience required. (Preferably in travel or hospitality industry).
- Ability to provide quality customer service in all calls.
- Self-motivated by personal performance, self-starter and quick learner.
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills.
- Fluent Dutch, English and German language skills are a must.
- French, Italian and/or Spanish language skill a plus.
- Excellent communication and listening skills required.
- Ability to work independently in an inbound call center environment in meeting performance metrics, adherence and availability requirements.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends.
- Knowledge of Holland America Line and Seabourn products a plus.
Over de werkgever
Holland America Line is widely recognized as a leader in the premium segment of the cruise industry. The company’s fleet of 15 ships annually offers more than 500 cruises to 415 ports of call in 98 countries, territories or dependencies. From 7-day-vacations to once-in-a-lifetime Grand World Voyages of more than 100 days, the line visits all seven continents to call at a variety of exotic, tropical, historical, cultural and adventure-filled destinations.
Seabourn Cruise Line is a ultra-luxury line regarded as one of the most celebrated cruise lines in the world, consistently showered with awards and customer satisfaction from cruisers just like you. Founded in 1986, Seabourn presents an intimate and unique cruising. The smaller size of the vessels allows the captain to bring guests to smaller ports, permitting them to have an up-close-and-personal encounter with each destination.
Holland America Line & Seabourn Cruise Line offers a challenging position with a young and dynamic team in an informal atmosphere. You will work in an international setting for the Dutch, German and/or English Market. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive fixed salary within the Tourism Industry.