Responsibilities will include:
In general the role involves 60% of development and 40% of scrum mastering
Scrum master tasks:
- ◦organization and facilitation of scrum ceremonies like daily scrum, retrospective and planning meeting
- ◦resolving impediments which are outside team´s responsibility
- ◦helping product owner in refining of the user stories and provide feedback about their content
- ◦foster team´s work, continuous improvement and communication in the distributed environment
- ◦creation and update of the release plan
- ◦translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- ◦building of the new functionalities and improvement of the existing ones in Internet Booking Engine (searching, combining and booking of flights) and after care tools (financial care, integration with a CRM system etc.)
- ◦taking care of basics DevOps responsibilities and help building a modern software product environment with containers, build server and continues integration
Besides above have fun during our Friday parties and retreats to places like Greece or Spain (non mandatory ;) )
As all of our teams are self managing you will be involved together with your team mates in making technical choices that will shape the future of our company. Of course with great power come great responsibilities so you should ensure high quality code and testing that proves the functionalities are working correctly for our customers.
Last but not least our platform is undergoing currently big functional and technical transformation of the strategic importance and your mission will be to make it happen as a team member.
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of PHP and concepts around building of the web application (MVC, HTTP, REST etc.)
- Good understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good knowledge of object oriented design and basic design patterns
- Good understanding of MySQL, SQL queries and relational modeling concerns
- Good experience in software integration and some understanding of concepts related as if SOA, microservices, separation of concerns, etc.
- At least basic knowledge on DevOps related topics (containers, scaling, monitoring etc.)
- At least basic experience with automated testing on both unit and integration level
- You want to write good, readable code which follows SOLID principles and clearly express the given domain
- You like to work in teams and help others if necessary
- Scrum with its ceremonies like planning, retrospective and daily stand up is something which fits you perfectly
- Experience in scrum mastering is a plus but if not you should have strong willingness to become one (and we will help you to grow to this role)
- Transforming of the legacy code into a modern top-notch solution is not a problem for you
- You will eagerly work in a distributed team (some team members in Amsterdam and some in Lithuania)
- You are able to fly to our other office in Lithuania sometimes to meet your team mates face to face
Over de werkgever
Otravo stands for Online Travel Organisation and is market leader in the Benelux and Scandinavia of (online) air travel sales. Travelers can book airline tickets to worldwide destinations in person or via self-service, online as well as offline, and for both leisure and business trips. Otravo offers travelers a wide selection of options, everything from worldwide flights, rental cars, hotels and sun holidays to all possible dynamic travel combinations. Otravo is the parent company of several well-known travel brands like Vliegtickets.nl, Vliegtickets.be, WTC.nl, Schipholtickets.nl, Flygstolen, Tripmonster and most recently De Vakantiediscounter. Every day over a 100.000 visitors are welcomed to our websites and since 1983 millions of people have traveled through our brands.
Why work for us?
- We are small company with good financial backgrounds which means you will get stability as in big corporations but flexibility, short decision making and degree of freedom typical to the lean startups
- Your thoughts and experience will shape our platform as our teams are leading in making technical decisions
- Every second Friday you are allowed to work on your private project or learn the technology you want – and guess what we will pay for that day too! The only one thing you should do is present to others from time to time what you have done
- A friendly atmosphere with committed people and place which supports exchange of ideas
- A learning place so you will choose trainings and gatherings you want to attend plus you may use of accounts in video trainings and buy books you want to read and improve your skills
Is this the job for you? Respond quickly to this vacancy! We would like to receive your motivation and CV via the application button below. Do you have questions about this vacancy? Then contact our Recruiter Charlotte Bouma firstname.lastname@example.org