More specifically, as Ground Operations Systems Specialist:
- You will carry out analysis of airports IT infrastructure to assess the compatibility for the deployment of the Group Airlines airport IT departure control systems.
- You will provide expert business input and manage an oversight and quality review programme that ensures regulatory compliance and optimal service delivery.
- You will work with the Document and Process Improvement Specialists to ensure the systems content of the Ground Operations Manual (GOM) and other processes and procedures correctly reflects the way the systems work.
- You will project manage individual airport deployment of software.
- You will provide support to internal & external customers on airport IT related check-in & weight and balance systems
- You will recommend and develop additional training & support by providing training to users on all aspects of the Group Airlines airport IT departure control systems.
- You will be responsible for the troubleshooting of deployment issues and act as the “business user expert” in technical feedback and discussions on items raised.
- You will analyse testing requirements & construct testing documentation, including set up and follow up of the business tools.
- You will evaluate the impact from a business perspective of software upgrades and making recommendations.
- You have a good knowledge of English, knowledge of other languages is desired but not essential
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills with eye for detail
- You have good communication, reporting and stakeholder skills
- You are eager to learn new systems
- Being a Subject Matter Expert in DCS and Ground Handling systems is an advantage
- You have a charismatic personality to deliver training to Ground Handlers on the DCS system
- You have the ability to work comfortably across cultures and markets
- Knowledge of Ground Handling procedures and processes including regulatory and government requirements is required
- You have the ability to recognise opportunities for continuous improvement and suggest implementation solutions
Over de werkgever
The way we work across TUI Group Airlines is changing. Our goal in Ground Handling is to be a truly integrated service provider to the TUI Group Airlines based out of the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium and the Nordic countries. We are embarking on a journey to unite four independent Ground Handling establishments, and create one cohesive pan-European organisation.
As a Ground Operations Systems Specialist, you will support key areas of airport customer service, on-time performance and airport ancillary sales by ensuring our airport business IT systems are operating at the optimal level and training users.
In addition, using your detailed understanding of software and business processes, you will recommend and implement software and business process changes.
Working at TUI Group:
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 63,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
How to apply:
For more information please visit www.tuigroup.com.
The motivation letter and résumé should be in business English.