As Group Flight Operations Manuals Manager you’ll establish the TUI flight operations manual revision cycle, and oversees its application throughout the year. This role will lead a team of manuals and Ovidius experts to ensure the production of compliant manuals in all flight operations areas.
This role will be accountable for the integration of all TUI Airline flight operating manuals, to create one set of procedures for all TUI Airlines crew within fleet types, and commonality across fleets where possible.
You’ll represent the manual owners at the Flight Operations Procedures Flight Operations Safety Committee (FOSC) and be accountable to local airline operational and Risk, Safety & Compliance teams for timely response to safety revisions from regulators or manufacturers in Flight Operations Manuals. You’ll verify regulatory changes that impact TUI group Flight Operations manuals and anticipate the need to integrate these changes into procedures, adjusting the manual revision cycle, or planning out of cycle adjustments and making early changes wherever beneficial.
You’ll own the content of the document management system publishing all TUI group operational manuals, and organise communication with document specialists, manual owners, compliance managers and NAAs to update and revise the document management system and manuals.
You’ll work with local post holders representing TUI flight operations working with regulators and follow up EASA NPAs coordinating appropriate TUI Group reactions. You’ll build relationships with suppliers and manufacturers to ensure continuous provision of effective support to the flight operations teams in all Airlines, and to provide input into supplier performance management activities.
You’ll be the TUI Airlines owner of the Ovidius system, accountable for a complete, accurate and up to date library of compliant and comprehensive flight operation manuals, and the collation and recording of a comprehensive set of all other operating manuals. You will ensure the integrity and accessibility of the Ovidius system, and ensure its operation meets the requirements of OA Airline Operations, TUI Airlines DFOs and Risk, Safety & Compliance teams. The role will be accountable, with IT, for maintenance and improvements to the Ovidius system, and future programmes to replace or update the system.
You’ll keep familiar with industry developments, operator innovation and manufacturer developments in flight operating procedures and will work with airline post holders to maximise opportunities to apply industry best practice. You’ll work with Finance to develop business cases to optimise the production of TUI Airlines operations manuals.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment with accountability for leading the development of complex operating procedures
- Ability to develop and agree a regulated timetable of activities, with actions owned by multiple stakeholders; responds effectively to out of cycle requirements from a wide range of sources, including manufactures and regulators
- A track record of driving continuous improvement in manuals and procedures; evidence of having successfully challenged the existing state of affairs, including working robustly with regulators to drive change
- Ability to identify industry and regulatory developments; an understanding of how to translate external trends into specific responses to ensure TUI remains in line with, or ahead of, the market
- Confidence developing business cases and change plans to develop and enhance IT tools required
- Experience of planning and coordinating complex actions plans, ensuring working practices and methods are clearly structured and organized to deliver to multiple internal customers
- An autonomous, proactive and flexible leader who in ambiguous and changing environments adapts behaviours to ensure focus on a specific goal; works under pressure to maintain team and stakeholder engagement
- Insightful appreciation of the formal and informal influences and structures within an organisation; works effectively to involve stakeholders in business decisions by building trust and gaining consensus with people across all levels of the organisation and across different countries
- Cultural sensitivity, with experience of working as part of a pan-European team
- Able to operate as a trusted partner to multiple source markets, and to influence the application of common solutions and best practice in all airlines
- Strong business English is mandatory and fluency in other European languages an advantage
Over de werkgever
As part of the FOP team, you’ll be responsible for leading, managing and developing a virtual team and be responsible for achieving the overall objective of commonality in flight operations across the Airlines, and will work with Flight Operations, Risk, Safety & Compliance and other stakeholders from across the airlines to ensure continuous improvement and application of market leading flight operations. You’ll be accountable for managing and controlling the FOPS budget. The FOP management team will produce business cases and ensure opportunities for cost optimisation are constantly sought and pursued, including changes in the FOP team structure.
You’ll lead a team of experts, as well as oversee the activities of SMEs working in other teams and the airlines; managing in a matrix and virtual environment you will establish a new team working within an open, honest culture with exceptional employee engagement. You’ll develop and implement the strategy and plans for the FOPs team, and be accountable for stakeholder relationships across One Aviation and with all five TUI airlines.
For more information please contact Xavier Van Mele, HR Business Advisor via Xavier_vanmele@tuifly.be