The main purpose of this role is to proactively engage with all TUI internal stakeholders and external providers in the source markets to identify opportunities for improvement, and to develop and implement product enhancements and service solutions to realise those opportunities. Project and Continues Improvement lead‘s objective is to be the motor of the continuous improvement culture within TUI Aviation.
You will also be expected to:
- Develop a detailed continues improvement plan to track progress of current and future initiatives.
- Evaluate effectiveness of current or future supply chain processes and identify improvement opportunities and solve problems in a way that is practical and sustainable.
- Deliver every continues improvement project on time and within budget and scope.
- Measure project performance and manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Manage and maintain the relationship with the external and internal stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to understand and minimize risks in the business.
- Apply logistics and continues improvement modeling techniques to address issues such as operational process improvement.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Analyze or interpret data involving consumption, forecasting, procurement, inventory, transportation, and warehousing.
- Report and escalate to management as needed Develop or maintain cost estimates and cost models.
- Proficient in project management methodologies with a focus on developing solution driven strategy plans to achieve goals, implementing business requirements analysis and identifying timeline constraints, and risks.
- Proven experience in identifying and implementing continues improvements in supply chain.
- Confidence in exploring new, unfamiliar ideas and delivering radical change in difficult business environments.
- Experience of operating within a complex matrix set up across multiple geographies and organisations, leading geographically distributed virtual teams and coordinating all associated responsibilities.
- Capacity to support the transformation of existing complex and obscure supply chain arrangements into transparent, flexible and controlled networks.
- Confidence and calm when faced with stressful or high pressure situations; responds efficiently to complex challenges or crises.
- Experience of planning and coordinating complex actions plans, ensuring working practices and methods are clearly structured and organized to deliver to multiple internal customers.
- Insightful appreciation of the formal and informal influences and structures within an organisation; works effectively to involve stakeholders in business decisions by building trust and gaining consensus with people across all levels of the organisation and across different countries.
- Ability to identify and anticipate customer needs and market developments; an understanding of how to translate trends in to specific responses to ensure TUI remains in line with, or ahead of, the market.
- Strong business English is mandatory and fluency in other European languages an advantage.
- Ability to write reports, effectively present information, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Over de werkgever
The IFSC Optimisation team, supports in developing and implementing the strategy and plans and plays an active part in identifying cost-reduction or process-improvement opportunities. The team is responsible to optimise and implement improvements in the current TUI Airlines’ inflight service operations and coordinate resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
A key enabler in this function is to understand and evaluate tactical & strategic operating options to optimise business efficiency and to identify, recommend and deploy business improvement and cost saving opportunities through continues improvements in line with IFSC strategic objectives to deliver 'Best Practice' and innovation.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 76,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
One important element of the touristic value chain is Aviation. You will play an important role in the Inflight Supply Chain (IFSC) change rollout of TUI Aviation delivering value for money and consistent aviation travel experience to TUI customers.
We would like to receive your resume and cover letter via the ‘solliciteer’ button below!
Applications by e-mail will not be taken into consideration.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.