As Manager OCC your main responsibility is to manage the team that keeps oversight over the aircraft operations, flight dispatch, flight watch and daily crewing activities within a 72h window before departure.
You are responsible for the team that ensures that all flight plans and traffic rights meet operational, compliance and safety requirements. The team of about 36 people will consist of Duty Managers, Airline Operation Controllers and Crewing Officers. You will monitor all crew schedules within the 72h timeframe in order to pro-actively act on aircraft programme and crew changes. In case of disruptions you will guide and coach your team in order to find the best possible, cost efficient solution while always keeping customer satisfaction and crew engagement in mind. Together with your colleague Manager OCC you will aim for the most efficient and effective processes and ways of working within the TUI fly Benelux Operations Control Centre. You will always look for improvement opportunities and are open to new ideas from your team, internal and external stakeholders and the crew. You will track performance of the TUI fly Benelux OCC by reporting on targets and KPIs such as On Time Performance, minimization delay cost, and increase customer satisfaction. You will coach and guide them in their day-to-day activities and are responsible for all performance management related activities. You will create an open, trustworthy, approachable feedback culture supporting the team through follow-up conversations and the day to day support they need. Also, you are responsible for developing engagement creating initiatives based on the outcome of the yearly TUIgether survey. If needed you will initiate cross-departmental projects to do so. You will report into the Head of OCC TUI fly Benelux and will aim for an Operations Control Centre with excellent performance that is up to date with the latest standards and that is fully integrated into the wider TUI fly Benelux organisation.
- Bachelor studies or equal by experience 5+ years of experience;
- Within an operational function in the aviation sector;
- Significant leadership experience and ability to coach a team;
- Ability to operate within a virtual airline in a pan-European context, with multiple customers and stakeholders across a range of source markets;
- A skilled communicator with the proven ability to influence and partner with senior leaders, develop a strong network of contacts throughout the industry and gain support and commitment from line managers and employees across the business;
- Proven ability to employ analytical tools to improve operational performance;
- A stress resilient person that finds energy in solving operational disruptions under time pressure;
- Ability to think commercially and strategically whilst ensuring full regulatory compliance is achieved and maintained;
- A self-motivated leader who takes the initiative and works collaboratively with a track record of motivating and developing large diverse teams;
- A logical thinker with the ability to generate ideas and alternatives;
- Demonstrable ability to clearly articulate concepts and arguments verbally and in written documentation.
Over de werkgever
You will be part of the OCC team and closely collaborate with different internal business units such as, but not limited to, Engineering, Fleet Office, Tour Operator and Customer Service. You will closely collaborate with the OCC team consisting of Airline Operation Controllers, MOC, Crewing Officers, Customer Care and Hotac & Travel.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 76,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
This vacancy will be based at our TUI Office in Zaventem, Belgium, on either a Dutch-based temporary contract or a local Belgian indefinite contract.
We would like to receive your resume and cover letter via the ‘solliciteer’ button below!
Applications by e-mail will not be taken into consideration.
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated.