As a Product & In-Flight Supply Chain Procurement Specialist, you will and work in accordance to the defined product and IFSC procurement strategic vision. By building and maintaining subject matter knowledge within the field of (mainly) in-flight products and IFSC, but also ground handling and airports, including but not limited to obtaining market intelligence by analysing market developments - new trends, supplier entry/exists, competitor information etc you will be able to report on innovative business solutions. By monitoring and reporting on opportunities for savings as well as reviewing information on quality and performance of suppliers (based on quality reports, audits and business intelligence analysis reports), you will help contribute to the procurement strategy.
As Product & In-Flight Supply Chain Procurement Specialist, you will manage procurement process for small to medium value/risk product and IFSC procurement projects following the SM&P process and procedures manual, and/or review other projects, mainly in the field of in-flight product and IFSC, but also for airports, ground handling, etc. You will lead the Product & In-Flight Supply Chain Procurement Specialist process in co-operation with operational stakeholders, and work in close co-operation with other procurement manager(s) or specialist(s), if needed. You will be responsible for the issue of commercial material to suppliers as well as managing any and all activities involved in implementing commercial agreements, and manage the contracts through their life-cycle from an administrative and commercial point of view following the SM&P process and procedures. Through the development and management of supplier relationships, you will be able to manage long-term supplier performance by reviewing supplier performance reports and by organizing regular service/performance review meetings with suppliers and business owners.
You will also critically evaluate all procurement requests and challenge internal customers and suppliers to provide innovative solutions through performing detailed proposal analysis and comparison. You will provide guidance to stakeholders on contractual matters and support ongoing supplier management of contracts. As Product & In-Flight Supply Chain Procurement Specialist, you will manage the resolution of small to medium value escalated contractual warranty claims and disputes between stakeholders and suppliers and obtain compensation, if contractual terms & conditions are not fulfilled. Reviewing long-term overall supplier performance and contract savings for risk analysis and manage increasing risk level, if needed by reporting if risk level changes/increases and make recommendation for further actions. Developing and leveraging internal networks, in cooperation with internal (SM&P colleagues and operational departments etc.) and external (suppliers, etc.) stakeholders, ensuring the best input and output of your scope.
Training and the rollout to internal stakeholders – such as Finance, where the drivers need to be correct in the ERP system to ensure best practice. At all times, ensure you are acting according to TUI values and relevant procurement policies, and report to a person of trust in case you notice non-compliance.
- Have at least a relevant graduate degree, a CIPS qualification or equivalent by experience
- Have a good knowledge of English, knowledge of other languages is desired but not essential
- Have experience in in-flight products, IFSC and/or procurement
- Experience in airline ground handling or airport procurement is desired but not essential
- Have a commercial mindset, continually evaluating the costs and benefits of a decision
- Have strong numeric, analytical and problem solving skills with eye for detail, at the same time maintaining an overview.
- Able to identify and understand key drivers in any scenario
- Able to challenge assumptions and to think out of the box
- Have extensive understanding of contractual legal terms & conditions
- Have good communication and reporting skills
- Have good negotiation, influencing and persuading skills
- Understand cultural differences, able to manage the complexity and ambiguity resulting from multiple stakeholders of differing sizes and based in different countries
- Able to work, always innovating, in a rapidly changing environment, prioritizing accordingly
- Able to easily develop a strong network of contacts throughout the business and industry, gaining the support and commitment of key players to key projects
- Have ‘can-do’ attitude, work result-oriented and take initiative
- Able to travel regularly to meet with suppliers and internal stakeholders, for example
- Able to work according TUI values and procurement policies
Over de werkgever
The objective of the Supplier Management & Procurement (SM&P) department is to deliver best value and cost savings in all aviation contracts. As Product & In-Flight Supply Chain (IFSC) Procurement Specialist, you will be a subject matter expert in the field of in-flight products and IFSC (catering, IFE, etc.). You are responsible for small to medium-value procurement projects and for managing the agreements throughout their life-cycle. You will work cross-category, if needed, ensuring flexibility within the team to cover all workload across the SM&P department.
The motivation letter and résumé should be in business English.
For more information visit www.tuigroup.com