Why do you get out of your bed?
Cloud Engineer AND Architect, we just couldn't choose. This position has the best of both worlds! Well... if you are looking for a position in which you are able to build a state-of-the-art cloud architecture. All this preferably in an environment where you can fully use your development and engineering experience and where you are responsible from A to Z for various websites and applications.
You support the service desk and development teams in order to keep everything stable and cost efficient. In this position you will combine your designing, building and supporting skills.Facts
What will my workingweek look like?
- Working hours: 40 hours a week
- Salary 4500-5500
- Vacation days: 25 + 6 ATV
- Workplace: Rotterdam (occasionally Girona, Spain)
- Department: Architecture and Security
- Your team: 6 employees in the Architecture and Sercurity department
We expect you to spend at least 80% of your time hands-on building and managing our cloud environment and supporting our development teams and solution architects.
The other 20% of your day you spend on designing and documenting our cloud architecture. You are always informed about the latest cloud techniques, guidelines and best practices. This way you inspire your team, stimulate innovation and know what is best for Sunweb Group.
This can mean that your day starts with troubleshooting why the Sunweb site was responding slower than usual. Later that morning you have a meeting with a development team, and help them deploy a website to Azure in order to prepare for the peak sales of Tomorrowland Winter. And in the afternoon you review and adjust the guidelines for disaster recovery, to take into account the latest innovations.What are my responsibilities?
- Build, manage and optimize our cloud environment
- Help and support the cloud engineers in their daily tasks
- Support and participate in the software development teams for cloud engineering tasks
- Participate in second line on-call service
- Define guidelines and principles for the Sunweb cloud architecture and make sure they are embedded in the development teams
- Help the development teams in adopting a DevOps mentality
- Keep the company up-to-date with the latest cloud techniques and innovationsWhat benefits do you get?
- Work in a challenging, dynamic, 100% cloud-based environment
- Room for own initiatives and growth as an architect
- Working with the latest in cloud technologies
- Discounts on your holidaysSounds intereseting, but what skills do I need?
- You have around 8 years of relevant experience in system and cloud engineering
- The Microsoft Azure platform holds no secrets for you and you know how to leverage the platform to accomplish business goals
- You enjoy working with a combination of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services
- You have extensive experience in networking and Windows Server
- You are experienced in continuous delivery using ARM templates and PowerShell
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile is preferred
- You are strong in communication, both in English as in Dutch (preferably native)
- You have a proactive, hands-on attitude and you are not afraid to share your opinion
- You are able to work at (and live near to) the Rotterdam office
- You are available from January 2019 onwards, but earlier is also possible* Click on Frequently Asked Questions to see how to apply for this position!
Are you interested in this position and do you recognize yourself in this above profile? Apply now. If you have any questions, you can contact Jos van Duijn email@example.com.
In order to apply, we ask you to send us the following
- Your CV (in English)
- A brief motivation based on the following 3 questions (max 75 words per question):
- What is your motivation to apply for this position?
- What is your favorite thing about the cloud?
- What are you most proud of so far (can be private or work related)?