Business Analyst - Flight IT
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. Flight IT Domain is a global team within TUI technology responsible for providing Flight Services. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands.
At TUI we’re ambitious to become the leader in technology within the travel industry and to achieve this we are looking to build a capable, creative team who want to be a part of accomplishing that goal.
We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated technical orientated enthusiast to join the Flight IT technology Team TUI Flight Fulfillment Services. We are providing customer flight service applications in order to handle voluntary and involuntary changes after flight booking. We are focusing on automation, providing a single B2B user interface and creating scalable solutions for the TUI Group.
The Business Analyst is a critical thinker with a keen eye for detail. Actively consulting with stakeholders, probing to create and communicate a common understanding of the problem that needs solving. Working within a fast-paced agile environment, the Business Analyst thinks outside of the box, loves collaborating across teams and is a lifelong learner.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Business Analyst, you are part of a cross-functional team that delivers Flight Fulfillment Services from conception to operation. You will collaborate with other business analysts of teams of our Flight Domain, architects, data analysts, business product owners, software developers, technology leads and UX/UI designers to clearly define, document and communicate requirements that will enable implementation of new changes and enhancements to our digital platforms in an agile manner.
You’re responsible for evaluating solution options, consulting with stakeholders as needed to define and articulate business needs in a way that enables the design and delivery of technical solutions that add value across TUI global platforms and services. You use your deep understanding of TUI products and systems, business models, processes, data flows and their link to business capabilities to plan and deliver high quality business analysis that supports the ongoing delivery of growth and digital transformation across our key markets.
Working alongside a varied set of technology and business stakeholders, you define and document new business, user, and system requirements, considering impacts to upstream/ downstream services. You manage the requirement lifecycle from planning through to elicitation, testing, delivery, and business acceptance. You can provide business analysis to multiple agile delivery teams and work closely with the business product owner and technology lead to prioritise and manage complex backlogs.
As a Business Analyst you distil the needs of business and using your strong collaboration skills you support your team to deliver the best solutions to our customers’ needs. You are commercially astute, focusing on solving business problems in the best way.
You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team. You challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others. You always drive for excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level. You love to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas. You’re an active member in the Business Analyst community.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- You have professional experience in a comparable position. A degree in (business) informatics or another degree with a technical focus is nice to have
- Strong analytical skills and commercial acumen. Adept at understanding complex problems and communicating findings to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Collaborative approach, able to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders and facilitate agreement across multiple markets in a global structure
- Proficient at using requirements elicitation methods including business process modelling (BPM), UML, test/use cases and prototyping
- Very good communication techniques including workshop facilitation, documentation analysis, interviewing and brainstorming
- Experience creating, analysing and validating detailed functional specifications and elements of systems design; including data rules, business rules or other detailed deliverables that articulate how a business need should be satisfied
- Demonstrable experience of creating user stories, epics and acceptance criteria/scenarios
- You already gained experience in project management, agile practices and have a proficient understanding of agile/lean software delivery methodology (Scrum, Kanban), tools (Jira, Confluence) and techniques as well as the software development lifecycle
- You have already gained experience working for a GDS, airline or travel company and have a deep understanding of airline industry post booking processes
- You gained knowledge about airline systems like New Skies as well as GDS systems like Amadeus (inkl. ATC and AMA-sell connect) and Farelogix
- You are familiar with systems in tour operator and airline business like @comRes, Mercado, airCruiser and airQuest
- Proficient knowledge about NDC and NDC-X dataformat
- You are having excellent skills to define and visulize processes (preferably in miro)
- A good understanding of known data exchange formats esp. JSON, XML, CSV
- Good knowledge about API technologies esp. REST, SOAP and postman
- You are familiar with database queries (SQL), microservice architecture and AWS services
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
- Providing guidance and support to less experienced team members in this B2B environment
- Passionate about continuous improvement
- Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner
- Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous, self-responsibility and self-organization complete your profile
- You are fluent in English and have at least a basic language level of written and spoken German
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you\'ll be based in
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
Wat wij verwachten
Over de werkgever
Ook bij TUI aan de slag?
Solliciteer dan direct op deze vacature en wellicht ben je snel onderdeel van het team!Direct Solliciteren
Stage E-mail & CRM Marketing
Je kunt deze stage zowel direct starten als in september 2024.Als Stagiair(e) E-mail & CRM Marketing bi...Bekijk vacature
Junior Business Travel Consultant
Ben jij een enthousiaste young professional, die de ambitie heeft om een ervaren Business Travel Consultant...Bekijk vacature
Full Stack Software Engineer (m/f/d)
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. AirTech Engineering & Maintenance is a...Bekijk vacature
Niet gevonden wat je zocht?
We helpen je graag verder
Neem contact met ons op en we zorgen voor een passend antwoord op jouw vraag.