Senior DevOps Engineer
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism business. We never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
Mobile is a global team within TUI technology responsible for TUI’s Mobile apps and Global Payment solutions. We are a multi-disciplinary team of experts across Architecture, Engineering, DevOps and Agile Delivery providing services across the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark,Finland, Germany, Austria, Belgium, The Netherlands and Aviation, Cruises and destinations worldwide.
This a great opportunity to join a team of innovative and passionate people, who are driving the development, operation, and ongoing evolution of mobile apps powering one of Europe’s largest travel and experience provider with over €6.5bn revenue per year.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated Senior DevOps engineer to join the Platform Team in the Mobile Tech organisation which looks after TUI’s Mobile applications (iOS and Android).
The Platform Team is a mix of DevOps and SRE members who work in a very collaborative and supportive environment, where knowledge is shared and where we push for quality instead of quantity, were we always think forward about Automation, Security and Reliability of our systems.
As new joiner of the Platform Team you will be mentored and we will work together to bring you up to speed and to improve our AWS infrastructure, Automation, CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins and Gitlab, Bitrise CI/CD (for mobile), improve our Monitoring System and alerting and automate our infrastructure deployment with Terraform and Terragrunt.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Senior Devops Engineer, you will be part of a cross-functional team that is a mix of SRE/DevOps engineers. Being an enthusiast as DevOps, with a strong Security mindset, and thanks to your excellent collaboration skills you will work with your team to deliver the best answers to our customers’ needs and to take over full responsibility for its applications, from design to operation.
Care diligently about the quality of your work, including proper documentation and security aspects.
You will use your deep technical skills to enable your team to deliver operation excellence, ensure and improve reliability, performance, maintainability of systems and services.
Work closely with your team to understand the operational processes, technical and business needs of the products and services your team is responsible for.
Ensure observability of systems and services, support change and configuration management.
Be involved in raising operational readiness requirements as part of the development life cycle and validate software development and delivery is consistent, meeting the specified requirements.
Hunting for performance optimisations and recognize upcoming problems before our customers are impacted.
Continuously improve CI/CD and automation maturity and efficiency.
Support your team with efficient incident handling and quick reaction to production problems. For this you can expect to take part in on-call rota. You can work hands-on, being able to tackle the whole design, build, test, deploy cycle and thus also take proactive corrective action where required.
Verbalise your thoughts and ideas and take the initiative to translate ideas into outcomes. Together with the teams in the Domains, relevant Practice teams as well as the Group Enabler teams you also will research, evaluate and test new approaches, processes and tools and help teams to use them effectively.
Demonstrate active contribution to Communities of Practice, including collaboration in shared initiatives.
You love to work in an international, multi-cultural team.
Challenge constructively and have high expectations of yourself and others.
Always drive for technical excellence, ownership and self-organisation at team and personal level.
Eager to learn and acquire new skills and keep up to date with latest developments in your focus areas.
You are proactive and foresee issues and identify the best way to solve them.
Security is part of everyone’s job. At TUI, we practise secure behaviours first in everything we do.
- Experience working with highly available, distributed systems and services in a cloud environment and defining, developing and rolling out technical operations processes and new services across teams and markets
- Good hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) , including EC2, IAM , S3, ECS (fargate), VPC, Load Balancers, SSL Certificates, Security
- Very good experience with CI/CD, preferably Jenkins and Gitlab CI.
- Experience with fixing and implementing from scratch new pipelines and CI/CD jobs to speed-up releases
- Infrastructure-as-code with Terraform
- AWS Certification at Associate level or above would be good to have
- Experience with working/implementing monitoring/observability solutions (preferably Datadog or Dynatrace) as well as with incident response solutions (PagerDuty)
- Willingness to take part in 24/7 on-call rota (1 week rota)
- Good coding skills for devops, like Python, Bash or any other programming language
- Passionate about continuous improvement and collaboration
- Strong problem-solving skills coupled with good communication skills
- Proactive, open minded, inquisitive, and eager to learn
- Customer centric, passionate about delivering great digital products and services
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- Working in the leading global tourism group: We stand for intercultural cooperation and offer the opportunity to work in international projects and teams.
- Fantastic holiday benefits including discounts, special offers
- Mobile working, flexible working hours and working from abroad: We believe that work is something you do, not where you go. Our offer: TUI Way of Working
- Health and Wellbeing support in five key areas – Health, Social, Community, Career and Financial
- Development and career opportunities: We offer a wide range of digital training and international career opportunities.
- Additional benefits relevant to the local market that you\'ll be based in
We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruiter for this role via the contact information included in the advert.
#TUIJobs #LI-JF1 #LI-Remote
Wat wij verwachten
Over de werkgever
Ook bij TUI aan de slag?
Solliciteer dan direct op deze vacature en wellicht ben je snel onderdeel van het team!Direct Solliciteren
Ervaren IATA specialist (Fulltime)
Ken je als geen ander de weg in de IATA-wereld en wil je graag helpen bij het realiseren van unieke reizen?...Bekijk vacature
Reisspecialist Maatwerk Verre bestemmingen & Europa
de Jong Intra Vakanties biedt klanten een breed assortiment aan reizen in Europa en naar Verre bestemmingen...Bekijk vacature
Medewerker Groepsreizen & Maatwerken
Ben jij de geschikte medewerker Groepsreizen & Maatwerkreizen voor D-reizen? Zie jij het als een uitdaging ...Bekijk vacature
Niet gevonden wat je zocht?
We helpen je graag verder
Neem contact met ons op en we zorgen voor een passend antwoord op jouw vraag.